As a mom, there's nothing more important to me than the health and well-being of my two lively little ones. My son, a football tyke at the age of 7, and my daughter, who at 5, has already taken a shine to soccer, are the center of my world. With their active lifestyles and endless energy, ensuring they get the right nutrients is always on top of my list. Like many parents, I often wonder: “Are they getting the essential vitamins they need from their diet?”
To address this, I embarked on a vitamin journey, starting with Hiya Kids Vitamins for a 90-day trial and then moving on to Smarty Pants Kids Formula Multivitamins for 30 days. With so many options out there, I wanted to share our family's experience, hoping it might help other parents in their quest for the perfect kids' vitamin. Here's our honest take on both!
All About Hiya Kids Vitamins
As parents, we're always on the lookout for what's best for our children, and Hiya Kids Vitamins caught my attention with its promise of comprehensive nutritional support. Here's a snapshot:
Hiya offers a chewable multivitamin packed with 15 essential vitamins and minerals. These nutrients aim to support immunity, growth, and development in kids.
- Growth and Development: Essential for those growing bones and muscles.
- Immunity and Inflammation: A strong shield against those pesky colds and flus.
- Mental Wellness: Supporting focus, concentration, sleep, and mood.
- Physical Wellness: Boosting energy, cell growth, bone health, teeth strength, and eye health.
List of Ingredients: Some of the star players in the mix include Vitamin A, C, D, E, a range of B vitamins, and essential minerals like Calcium, Zinc, and Selenium.
Natural Sweeteners: Instead of the usual sugars, Hiya uses monk fruit extract and mannitol for sweetness, making it a healthier choice for kids.
Other Important Notes:
- Eco-friendly Packaging: What's not to love about a company that thinks of the environment? The vitamins arrive in a refillable glass bottle that kids can decorate, with monthly no-plastic refill pouches.
- Subscription Model: Ensuring freshness, Hiya sends a pouch of vitamins every month, following a pediatrician-recommended 30-day schedule.
- Cost: Priced at $30 per month, with a tempting 50% off on the first order.
From my kids' perspective, my daughter absolutely loved the taste, calling the tablets “yummy”. My son was more on the fence about the flavor but took them daily without any fuss. Both seemed to benefit from better energy levels, a stronger immune response, and more restful sleep.
Our 90-Day Experience with Hiya Kids Vitamins:
For three months, my two kiddos – a 7-year-old boy and a 5-year-old girl – embarked on a new journey with Hiya Kids Vitamins. Here's a brief snapshot of our experience:
- Taste Test: My daughter took an instant liking to the chewable tablets, often referring to them as her “yummy vitamins”. My son, although not as enthusiastic about the flavor, never hesitated to take his daily dose.
- Energy Boost: One of the most noticeable changes was their sustained energy levels. Whether it was playing sports, doing homework, or simply playing around, they seemed more vibrant and less fatigued.
- Stronger Immunity: The frequent colds that once plagued our household were notably less frequent. I felt more at ease knowing they were getting an added layer of immune support, especially during the changing seasons.
- Restful Nights: Bedtimes became smoother with both kids seeming to sleep more soundly. I can't say for certain it was entirely due to the vitamins, but the improved sleep patterns did coincide with their new vitamin regimen.
In summary, our 90-day trial with Hiya was a success. It was heartwarming to see my kids benefiting in tangible ways, and as a mom, I felt confident in the choice we made with Hiya.
All About Smarty Pants Kids Gummy Vitamins
As a mother always seeking the best for my little ones, Smarty Pants Kids Formula Multivitamins piqued my interest as a nutritious option. Here’s a brief rundown:
Smarty Pants offers gummy multivitamins formulated with over 15 premium nutrients. They're specifically designed to cater to children's unique nutritional needs.
- Bone Health: Essential for growing kids to build strong bones.
- Immunity: Offering robust defense against common illnesses.
- Energy Metabolism: Ensuring active kids have the energy they need throughout the day.
- Healthy Growth: With omega-3 EPA and DHA essential fatty acids, it supports overall growth and development.
Ingredients: The gummies are packed with power ingredients such as omega-3 EPA & DHA essential fatty acids (sourced from sustainably-caught fish oil), Vitamin D3 for bones, and Vitamin B12 for energy, among others.
Three Delightful Flavors: Kids can enjoy a medley of Lemon, Orange, and Strawberry Banana flavors, making their vitamin routine flavorful.
Non-GMO Commitment: For parents concerned about genetically modified ingredients, these gummies are a non-GMO choice.
Clean Label Project Purity Award: A testament to its quality, Smarty Pants is proud to have received this award, emphasizing its dedication to providing a pure and safe product.
Cost: Reasonably priced at $17.19 for a 30-day supply, with each bottle containing 120 gummies. The recommended dose is 4 gummies per day.
From the perspective of my own children, while they liked these gummies, they didn’t love them as much as some other brands. My daughter, in particular, has a preference for Hiya, while my son seems to lean towards other brands over Smarty Pants. Nevertheless, the noticeable perk was a boost in their energy levels during the day.
Our 30-Day Experience with Smarty Pants Kids Formula Multivitamins:
For a month, my two kids tried out the Smarty Pants gummy vitamins. Here's a condensed version of our journey:
- Taste Preferences: Both kids found the gummies palatable, but they didn't rave about them. My son, in particular, showed a preference for other brands over Smarty Pants.
- Elevated Energy: There was a slight uptick in their energy levels, which was great to see, especially during their sports activities.
- Immunity and Sleep: We didn't observe a significant boost in their immune defenses, and their sleep patterns remained largely the same. While the vitamins provided some benefits, the changes weren't as pronounced as we'd hoped.
In a nutshell, while Smarty Pants offered a decent multivitamin option, it didn't outshine some of the other brands we've tried. Nonetheless, I appreciate their dedication to quality and transparency, which is always a win in a mom's book.
Comparison Section: Hiya Kids Vitamins vs. Smarty Pants Kids Formula Multivitamins
|Feature/Aspect||Hiya Kids Vitamins||Smarty Pants Kids Formula Multivitamins|
|Formulation||Chewable Multivitamin||Gummy Multivitamin|
|Number of Nutrients||15 essential vitamins and minerals||Over 15 premium nutrients|
|Key Benefits||Growth and Development, Immunity and Inflammatio, Mental Wellness, Physical Wellness||Bone Health, Immunity, Energy Metabolism, Healthy Growth|
|Star Ingredients||Vitamin A, C, D, E, B vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Selenium||Omega-3 EPA & DHA, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12|
|Flavors||Assorted flavors||Lemon, Orange, Strawberry Banana|
|Packaging||Eco-friendly, refillable glass bottle with no-plastic refill pouches||Standard bottle (details not provided)|
|Sweeteners||Monk fruit extract, mannitol||Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Tapioca Syrup|
|Subscription Model||Monthly pouches, 30-day schedule||Not specified|
|Cost||$30 per month (50% off first order)||$17.19 for a 30-day supply|
|Serving size:||1 chewable tablet||4 gummies|
|Taste (from kids' view)||Daughter: Loved it, Son: Neutral||Liked, but not loved|
|Notable Awards/Certifications||Not specified||Clean Label Project Purity Award|
|Feature/Aspect||Hiya Kids Vitamins||Smarty Pants Kids Formula Multivitamins|
|Price for a 30-day supply||$30||$17.19|
|Number of servings in a 30-day supply||30 servings (1 tablet per serving)||30 servings (4 gummies per serving)|
|Cost per serving||$1.00||$0.57|
|Number of vitamins per serving||1 tablet||4 gummies|
|Cost per individual vitamin||$1.00 per tablet||$0.14 per gummy|
|First order discount||50% off||Not specified|
From a pure cost perspective, Smarty Pants offers a more economical option at $0.57 per serving, compared to Hiya's $1.00 per serving. However, it's essential to consider the number of vitamins per serving, ingredients, and the overall benefits each brand offers when making a choice.
Key Differences Between Smarty Pants and Hiya Kids Vitamins
- Hiya: A chewable multivitamin packed with 15 essential vitamins and minerals to support immunity, growth, and development in kids.
- Smarty Pants: Gummy multivitamins formulated with over 15 premium nutrients, including omega-3 EPA and DHA essential fatty acids.
- Serving Size:
- Hiya: One chewable tablet per serving.
- Smarty Pants: Four gummies per serving.
- Taste and Preference:
- Hiya: My daughter found the chewable tablets yummy, while my son was neutral.
- Smarty Pants: While they didn't love them, my kids were willing to consume them without fuss.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging:
- Hiya: Uses refillable glass bottles and monthly no-plastic refill pouches.
- Smarty Pants: Regular plastic bottle.
- Hiya: Uses natural sweeteners like monk fruit extract and mannitol.
- Smarty Pants: Contains organic cane sugar and organic tapioca syrup.
- Subscription Model:
- Hiya: Offers a subscription model where they send a pouch of vitamins every month.
- Smarty Pants: Subscriptions are available at amazon.
- Hiya: Priced at $30 per month with a 50% discount on the first order.
- Smarty Pants: Priced at $17.19 for a 30-day supply.
While both brands offer multivitamins aimed at supporting children's health, the differences in formulation, serving size, taste preference, packaging, sweeteners, subscription model, and cost can influence a parent's choice between the two.
Which Is Better? Hiya or Smarty Pants?
Determining which vitamin is “better” between Hiya Kids Vitamins and Smarty Pants Kids Formula Multivitamins depends on individual preferences and priorities. Here's a breakdown based on various aspects:
- Formulation and Nutritional Content:
- Both vitamins contain essential nutrients for children. However, Smarty Pants emphasizes omega-3 EPA and DHA essential fatty acids, which are beneficial for brain health and development.
- Serving Size:
- Hiya requires only one chewable tablet per serving, which might be more convenient for some parents and kids. In contrast, Smarty Pants requires four gummies per serving.
- Taste and Acceptance:
- Based on my kids' experience, my daughter preferred Hiya's taste, while my son had a slight preference for other brands over Smarty Pants. This is subjective and can vary among children.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging:
- Hiya stands out with its eco-friendly refillable glass bottles and no-plastic refill pouches. If environmental considerations are a priority, Hiya has an advantage here.
- Hiya uses natural sweeteners like monk fruit extract and mannitol, which may be seen as a healthier choice. Smarty Pants contains organic cane sugar, which some parents might want to avoid.
- Smarty Pants is more affordable at $17.19 for a 30-day supply compared to Hiya's $30 per month (though Hiya offers a 50% discount on the first order).
- Hiya's subscription model ensures a regular supply of vitamins every month, which can be convenient for busy parents.
In conclusion, if you prioritize eco-friendly packaging, natural sweeteners, and a subscription model, Hiya might be a better fit. If you're looking for a more affordable option that includes omega-3 fatty acids, Smarty Pants could be the better choice.
However, it's essential to consult with a pediatrician or healthcare professional to determine the best vitamin choice for your children based on their unique needs.
Based On Our Experience With Smarty Pants and Hiya (and other kids vitamins):
- My 5 year old daughter prefers the Hiya Kids Vitamins, finding the chewable tablets “yummy.”
- My 7 year old son doesn't have a strong preference for Smarty Pants Kids Formula. He will take both but seems to favor other brands like 1st Phorm M-Factor Kiddos gummies or First Day Kids Vitamin Gummies over Smarty Pants.
So, while my daughter has a clear preference for Hiya, my son doesn't have a strong liking for either, but he's open to taking them. It's a mixed response from the kids!