Collagen peptides can be used for everything from improving skin to supporting joint health. While our bodies can produce collagen naturally, this production decreases as we age. Supplementation is a great way to increase the presence of collagen in the body.
In this article, I want to write about two high-profile collagen supplements - Manna Collagen and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides - to see which is a better product for you and your individual needs.
We featured Manna Collagen as a top-rated liquid collagen supplement because of it's bioavailbility and nanofuse technology.
Vital Proteins has been featured in many of our articles, including our top-rated collagen powders for weight loss.
We’ll cover key features, product formulas, value and some additional collagen supplement options you may want to consider.
Key Factors Before Buying Manna Collagen of Vital Proteins
Manna Liposomal Collagen Peptides is a highly bioavailable option for collagen supplementation. It absorbs better than pills or powder.
The Manna brand claims you can use this product to support healthy skin, hair and nails, gut health, comfortable joints and strong bones.
There are two forms of collagen in Manna Liposomal Collagen Peptides: Types I and III, sourced from bovine.
Vital Proteins Collagen
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides also includes hyaluronic acid and vitamin C in its formula, which can boost its beauty-effectiveness.
There are 20 grams of collagen in each serving of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
Types I and III are also the basis of the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides formula.
All About Manna Liposomal Collagen Peptides
Manna’s Liposomal Collagen Peptides are made using types I and III collagen sourced from 100% grass-fed bovine. These cows haven’t been treated with hormones, antibiotics or steroids, resulting in a very safe and pure product. These collagen peptides have the potential to strengthen and support healthy skin, hair, bones and joints. One thing I really like is the NanoFuse technology, which helps increase the bioavailability of this product.
- Formula: The liposomal formulation of this product protects ingredients, so they are not damaged during the digestion process. This equates to a higher uptake of collagen with each dose.
- Mixability: This is a liquid-based product that can be mixed with another liquid or consumed right out of the bottle.
- Flavor: The natural flavors included are organic cocoa extract and vanilla. Nothing artificial has been added.
- Collagen Type: One of the types of collagens in this product is type I, which comprises as much as 90% of our bone mass. It’s also very prevalent in our skin, ligaments, tendons and connective tissue.
- Manna provides a 90-day money-back guarantee for their products.
- This product can replace any collagen that you’re missing, providing you with potential beauty benefits such as fewer lines and wrinkles.
- You can save an impressive 31% by subscribing to regular deliveries.
- Type III collagen in this product can support your bones, cartilage, heart, skin and tendons.
- The flavor of this product is chocolate toffee, which may limit how you’re able to use this supplement. It might not taste very good in a fruit-based smoothie or juice.
- A 30-day supply is a little expensive if you’re not interested in subscribing just yet.
The current cost of a one-time purchase of a 30-day supply of Manna Collagen is $59.95, marked down from $69.95. If you subscribe, you save 31% on each purchase, bringing the cost to $47.96.
All About Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are marketed as having more of a beauty-focused approach to collagen supplementation. Similar to Manna’s product, bovine-sourced hydrolyzed collagen is included in each dose, containing types I and III collagen. Also added are hyaluronic acid and vitamin C, which are beneficial for skin health. The brand claims their product can support healthy hair, skin, nails, bones and joints.
- Formula: Hyaluronic acid and vitamin C boost the potential benefits of this product.
- Mixability: This is an unflavored powder supplement that is very versatile. You can add it to a variety of beverages or foods.
- No add-ins: No artificial sweeteners or additives are included in the formula.
- Friendly pricing: Slightly more affordable than Manna Collagen and some of the other varieties on the market.
- 100% of your daily vitamin C requirement is included in this product.
- Contains collagen types I and III, which are the two most commonly used varieties in supplements because of how many functions in the body they support.
- There are 20 grams of collagen in each serving.
- Vital Proteins Collagen has a good brand reputation.
- You only get 28 servings per container of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
- Vital Proteins claims you shouldn’t use this product for weight loss purposes, but there are studies that suggest collagen has the potential to help support weight loss goals.
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is currently priced at $29.99 for a one-time purchase. One container lasts approximately 28 days. You can subscribe to drop the price to $25.49. You can also purchase this product at amazon, which is super convenient for a lot of shoppers!
Comparison Section of Vital Proteins and Manna Collagen
Let’s see how Vital Proteins Collagen and Manna Collagen compare to one another.
While their formulas are actually pretty similar in regard to the forms of collagen that are inside (I and III), Vital Proteins has taken the approach of adding hyaluronic acid and vitamin C to their product. This isn’t something that everyone wants added, especially if you’re not really looking to take collagen for its beauty benefits alone.
Vital Proteins provides a flavorless approach to collagen supplementation, so you can add their powder to just about anything. If you’re looking to take a collagen supplement right out of the bottle and want to make sure it tastes good, Manna’s collagen is the better option. However, it can also be added to something like a cup of coffee.
In regard to texture, liquid supplements are going to mix better into whatever you’re using them in. The powdered consistency of Vital Proteins reduces some of the convenience of using collagen.
Liquid collagen peptides are far more bioavailable than a powdered option, making Manna the better product. The collagen will be able to absorb better into the body without being broken down early on in the digestion and absorption process.
Comparing Cost and Overall value
The cost of Manna Collagen is quite a bit higher than Vital Protein’s product. However, the liposomal technology used for Manna’s product increases its value, in our opinion. It’s nice to know that your body is going to be able to absorb, ultimately, everything that it’s taking in.
Major Differences Between Vital Proteins and Manna Liposomal Collagen
The types of collagen used for both of these products are the same and sourced in the same way. However, Vital Proteins has additional ingredients like vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. This can be a benefit or something you’re not interested in, depending on how you want to use a collagen supplement.
The bioavailability of these products is really where the big difference comes in. A powdered collagen supplement like Vital Protein’s option is convenient, but it doesn’t provide you with anywhere near the same amount of bioavailability that a liposomal supplement does. Manna has put a great deal of thought into the delivery of their collagen, making them the winner when it comes to absorption.
Which Is Better
We favor Manna Liposomal Collagen Peptides for their better bioavailability and absorption. We also like this product’s liquid form. It’s fast and convenient to use. On the other hand, Vital Proteins is a better choice for people who like a powder mix in supplement - it's unflavored so you can add it to any of your favorite drinks, including your coffee (could be your morning ritual)!
Other Collagen Products You May Want to Consider
Here are some other collagen options, each with some different features.
1st Phorm Collagen With Dermaval
Designed with joint and anti-aging support in mind, 1st Phorm Collagen with Dermaval contains five different forms of collagen. The brand claims it is highly bioavailable, but we do want to point out that this is a powdered supplement. A diverse amino acid profile and 50mg of the phytonutrient-rich complex Dermaval help maintain elasticity in the body.
This product comes in five different flavors, providing you with a bit of variety.
Everbella Liposomal Complete Collagen Plus
Convenient, single-use pouches of liquid collagen provide optimal support for healthy skin, anti-aging, strong hair and nails. Everbella Liposomal Complete Collagen Plus also claims that this product can help support fat burning. Also added are MCT oil, omega 3 and vitamin E.
To ensure you get the most benefits from the product that you’re using, Manna Liposomal Collagen is the way to go. You can beat the bioavailability of this product, making sure that your whole body is reaping the benefits of increased collagen uptake. We also love that this is a very natural product that doesn’t contain anything artificial.
Choose Manna Collagen if…
You’re concerned with the absorption of a powdered or pill-based collagen supplement. Its liposomal technology ensures that the collagen is going to be absorbed in an optimal location, so there’s no waste. Manna provides great value for your money.
Choose Vital Proteins if…
You want a powdered supplement because you think it will be more convenient. Because this is unflavored, you can use it in a lot of different ways. This is also a great collagen option if you want an added beauty boost.